This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
Let’s look at some devastating facts about Hurricane Rita:
- Hurricane Rita was the 4th-strongest Atlantic hurricane currently on record.
- Rita became the 3rd Category 5 Atlantic hurricane in 2005.
- Sustained winds in the storm reached as high as 180 MPH.
- 120 people died in the storm.
- Damages from Hurricane Rita totaled over $10 billion.
More About 2005’s Hurricane Rita
I'm a weather geek from Florida who's been studying meteorology and watching weather patterns for years! I enjoy sharing little-known facts and fun stuff about the weather. I especially like sharing interesting details about weather events and conditions that can affect you… and how to prepare for Mother Nature's ever-changing weather patterns.