Some articles on this site contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
You may recall my post from LAST Fall which mentioned the best places to view the most vibrant colors of Tennessee… in the form of colorful leaves.
THAT one was written in mid-October for all the procrastinators out there, and those holding out for the BRIGHTEST colors in Tennessee.
Don’t let Fall get by without enjoying some time in the colors this year!…
This post is for the early planners, and includes tips for viewing fall foliage in ALL states.
Here are some tips for getting the most from the Fall colors this year…
- Trees And Their Foliage — what color leaves from any given tree will turn
- Why Leaves Change Colors — the long & short of it
- Tips For Preserving Leaves — how to do it yourself
- Fall Foliage In Vermont — online video with beautiful footage
- Panoramic View Of Fall Foliage — from Woodstock, Vermont
- How To Photograph Fall Colors — from the New York Institute of Photography
- Fall Foliage Viewing & Photography Tips — before you set out to photograph the colors, consider this
- How The Weather Affects The Color Of Leaves — short and to the point
- Best Ways To Preserve Leaves — lots of fun ideas
- How To Frame Colorful Leaves — how to do this fun project with your children
- Identifying Leaves — how to know what type of tree a particular leaf fell from
- Fall Color Driving Tours — where to see the best Fall colors in the midwest, eastern, western, and southern U.S.
- Fall Foliage Online Photo Puzzles — addictive puzzles featuring Fall leaf scenes
- Leaf Printing — how to make your own leaf designs on clothing & material
- How To Preserve Colorful Leaves — little-known facts about pressing leaves
- Hundreds of “Fall Color” Photos — Flickr users share their colorful photos here
- Fall Foliage Facts — little-known facts
- Tennessee Colors: Leaf-Peeping In Tennessee — tips for Tennesseans to spot the best colors each fall
- Why Do Leaves Change Colors? — easy-to-understand science made simple, even for kids
- The Foliage Network — up-to-the-minute color reports from the Northeast, Southeast, and Midwest United States
- 15 Great States For Viewing Fall Foliage — is your state on the list?
- Why Do Leaves Change Color & Fall? — fun facts about fall foliage
- Fall Foliage Hotline By State — call for the latest info and best times to see the best Fall colors in your area
- Fall Colors Update — nearly 600 volunteer foliage spotters across the U.S. collect and post their data here
- Current State Color Reports — check up-to-the-minute fall colors across the U.S.
- Fall Colors Along The Natchez Trace — if you’re ever in middle Tennessee, the Natchez Trace Parkway which spans from Tennessee to Mississippi is the best place to see fall colors
- Tips For Tracking Fall Colors — see where you can find the most brilliant colors this fall
As a homeowner, I primarily write about weather safety tips that everyone should know in order to protect their home and family during major weather events. I especially like to share seasonal "outside the box" ideas that most wouldn't think of in the Spring, Summer, Winter, and Fall. The weather events I've personally experienced include: Hurricanes (while living in Florida), Tornadoes (while living in Indiana, Texas, and Tennessee), Earthquakes (while visiting California), Blizzards (while living in New York and Indiana), and Flooding (while living in Tennessee).