This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
If there’s a weatherman in your family (or a weatherman wannabee), then it will be pretty easy to come up with some rather unique weather costumes yourself for Halloween.
For the rest of us who need a little extra help, try brainstorming some weather costume ideas along these lines:
- global warming
- earth day
- mother earth
- stormy weather
- solar system
Would you like to see some ideas from others who’ve made weather costumes along these lines?
Check these out…
Hopefully, the following 50+ weather Halloween costumes will trigger some other ways that you could make the same (or similar) weather costumes yourself. After all, it’s the personal touch and creativity that goes into making the costume uniquely yours that makes choosing one costume over another so much fun, right?
One thing’s for sure… if you pick one of these Halloween weather costumes this year, you’ll be the only one in that costume! On the other hand, if you choose one of the “most popular” Halloween costumes (like everyone else does) — then you’ll hardly be noticed.
Which do you prefer?
General Weather Costume Ideas
- Party Cloudy costume with a Chance of Rain costume – it’s a fun weather costume that you can make yourself for less than $5 with these instructions
- Rain Cloud costume – all you need is a bundle of cotton batting to turn anyone into a puffy cloud and maybe add some rain drops (you could even use strands of lights for a super creative LED rain cloud)
- Raining Cats and Dogs costume – a simple costume idea because all you need is some stuffed animals, a raincoat, boots, and an umbrella
- Fair-Weather Fan costume – staple a computer printout of a 5-day forecast to your hat
- Weather Forecast costume – based on a weather forecast icon that you find on the Internet or TV
- Thunder Storm costume – you could make a clever thunderstorm costume for an adult or a child
- Snow Globe costume – instructions here for this adult Halloween costume
- Weatherman in a Storm costume – this one is classic, as it mimics all those weathermen you see reporting “live” with wind, rain, and debris pelting them in the face (here’s another Windy Day costume plus fun ideas for making it look “windy” — even more windy costume ideas, and here too)
- Solar System costume – aka Ms. Universe with lots of planets orbiting around
- Sun costume for babies – here are some more detailed instructions for making a DIY sun costume
- Snowflake costume – a simple idea for kids and there is no sewing involved (just use large sheets of cardboard)
- Snowflake Fairy costume – a DIY fairy costume for those who are wishing for snow on Halloween
- Wind Turbine & Solar Panel costume – instructions for making this couple’s Halloween costume
- Rainbow costume for kids – you can have a lot of fun with “somewhere over the rainbow” costumes
- “Brain Storm” costume – a fun play on words that looks like the traditional thunder & lightning storm, but it’s not — it’s similar to this “Struck By Lightning” costume for couples
Tornado Costume Ideas
- DIY Tornado/Hurricane costume ideas
- Tornado costume with Lighting
- How to be a Tornado for Halloween
- Tornado Twister costume
- Homemade Tornado costume ideas
- Mister Twister costume for kids
- Tornado costume
- Snowstorms, Tornadoes & other clever Weather costumes
- Tornado costume from The Wizard of Oz (with Dorothy & Toto)
- Spinning Tornado costume instructions (all 4 parts)
- DIY Global Warming costume
- Eco-Horror: Halloween costumes to terrify the Green at heart
- Tips for dressing up as Global Warming
- El Nino costume (with Lightning and Real Raindrops!)
- Global Warming/Earth costume ideas
- Eco-themed Halloween costumes
- Makeshift Global Warming costume
- Global Warming and El Nino costume ideas
- More Eco-themed Halloween costume ideas
Mother Nature & Mother Earth Costume Ideas
- Costume variations for Mother Nature
- Mother Nature & other cheap DIY costume ideas
- Instructables Mother Nature DIY costume
- The simplest way to make a Mother Nature costume for kids
- Mother Natures & other DIY costume ideas for a pregnant woman
- How to make a Mother Nature costume
- Mother Earth and other homemade earthy costumes
As a homeowner, I primarily write about weather safety tips that everyone should know in order to protect their home and family during major weather events. I especially like to share seasonal "outside the box" ideas that most wouldn't think of in the Spring, Summer, Winter, and Fall. The weather events I've personally experienced include: Hurricanes (while living in Florida), Tornadoes (while living in Indiana, Texas, and Tennessee), Earthquakes (while visiting California), Blizzards (while living in New York and Indiana), and Flooding (while living in Tennessee).