Many major TV news weather stations use similar words, symbols, and technology to report the weather — as seen in the videos below.
While meteorology is a serious job, many weather people have had quite a bit of fun in their jobs, including making a few goofs while talking about the weather on the television.
Next, we’ll go behind the scenes at TV weather stations — to see exactly what it takes to become a meteorologist.
TV Weather Stations Behind The Scenes
If you’ve ever wondered what goes into putting the weather forecast on TV, then you’ll appreciate the following videos.
Each provides a unique perspective behind the scenes at popular TV weather stations:
And finally, if you’re thinking that you might like to become a meteorologist… this last video shows what it’s like to be a weatherman for a day:
Thinking Of Being A Meteorologist?
If you’d like to become a meteorologist someday, here are some resources to help you get started:
- How To Become A Meteorologist Or TV Weather Person
- So You Want To Be A Weatherman?…
- 10 Tips For Future Weather Presenters
- What Education Is Necessary To Become A Weather Person?
- How Much Money Does A Meteorologist Make?
- Is Your Local Weather Person A Meteorologist?