This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
FEMA for Kids website!
FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) handles all U.S. disasters, including weather disasters like hurricanes.
The goal of FEMA for Kids is to provide children with:
- safe online activities — like weather activities for kids
- information about safety in general, including weather safety
- a way to know that they (and their families) are being protected from danger — like during weather emergencies
Of course, everyone should be prepared for weather emergencies.
- Winter brings blizzards and ice.
- Spring is tornado time across much of the Midwest and South.
- Summer is known for its thunderstorms and hurricanes.
- Fall brings cold fronts across the country, many times leaving floods behind.
I'm a weather geek from Florida who's been studying meteorology and watching weather patterns for years! I enjoy sharing little-known facts and fun stuff about the weather. I especially like sharing interesting details about weather events and conditions that can affect you… and how to prepare for Mother Nature's ever-changing weather patterns.