This page may contain affiliate links. In addition to sharing our personal experiences, we often write about products and services that we use ourselves or that we believe would be a helpful resource for you. To support our work, and remain a free website, we receive a commission from some of the links we share.
Kids, parents, and teachers will want to check out the cool and fun games and activities at the FEMA for Kids website!
FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) handles all U.S. disasters, including weather disasters like hurricanes.
The goal of FEMA for Kids is to provide children with:
- safe online activities — like weather activities for kids
- information about safety in general, including weather safety
- a way to know that they (and their families) are being protected from danger — like during weather emergencies
Of course, everyone should be prepared for weather emergencies.
- Winter brings blizzards and ice.
- Spring is tornado time across much of the Midwest and South.
- Summer is known for its thunderstorms and hurricanes.
- Fall brings cold fronts across the country, many times leaving floods behind.
I'm a weather geek from Florida who's been studying meteorology and watching weather patterns for years! I enjoy sharing little-known facts and fun stuff about the weather. I especially like sharing interesting details about weather events and conditions that can affect you… and how to prepare for Mother Nature's ever-changing weather patterns.