This page may contain affiliate links. In addition to sharing our personal experiences, we often write about products and services that we use ourselves or that we believe would be a helpful resource for you. To support our work, and remain a free website, we receive a commission from some of the links we share.
The sun is rising higher into the sky everyday as spring goes into full swing.
So, about that sun… how hot is the sun? How far away is the sun? Well, slap on some sunscreen and bask in the warmth of these 5 fun sun facts:
- The Sun is approximately 90 million miles from Earth.
- The core of the Sun is a whopping 27 million degrees Fahrenheit; the surface is a relatively chilly 11,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The Sun has been around for about 4.6 billion years.
- The Sun is 109 times wider than Earth.
- The Sun takes up an astounding 98% of the mass of all bodies in our solar system.
I'm a weather geek from Florida who's been studying meteorology and watching weather patterns for years! I enjoy sharing little-known facts and fun stuff about the weather. I especially like sharing interesting details about weather events and conditions that can affect you… and how to prepare for Mother Nature's ever-changing weather patterns.